Dr. Rubio is a clinical embryologist at IVI Madrid and serves as specialist for the Medical Affairs department at IVI RMA Global.
She completed her Bachelor’s degree in Biology at the Autónoma University of Madrid in 2007 pursuing two specialties: Evolutionary Biology and Genetics & Molecular Biology. She then went on to pursue her Master’s Degree in Biotechnology of Assisted Reproduction in Humans at University of Valencia and once finalized in 2009, was granted with a scholarship under Dr. Pellicer at the Principe Felipe Research Center in Valencia.
After that period she joined Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad (IVI-Valencia) in 2010 and started practicing as an embryologist.In 2013, she was appointed as the Co-Director of the IVF Unit of Nova IVI Fertility Clinics, India. She then obtained her doctorate degree “cum laude” in 2017 in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department of the University of Valencia School of Biology.
As a researcher, the primary areas of her interest are embryo morphokinetics and new technologies applied to embryo selection and culture. She has published in leading reproductive journals, co-authored reviews, and book chapters and presented abstracts at national and international congresses as ASEBIR, SEF, ESHRE, ASRM, ALPHA and CFAS.
- Basic procedures in an ART laboratory.
Rubio I, Herrero J, Banker M.
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, in press
- Study of nucleation status in the second cell cycle of human embryo and its impact on implantation rate.
Aguilar J, Rubio I, Muñoz E, Pellicer A, M. Meseguer.
Fertil Steril, 106(2):291-299, 2016.
- Morphokinetic behavior of euploid and aneuploidy embryos analyzed by time-lapse in embryoscope.
Patel DV, Shah PB, Kotdawala AP, Herrero J, Rubio I, Banker MR.
J Hum Reprod Sci, 9:112-8, 2016.
- Role of oocyte vitrification for fertility preservation programs.
Herrero J, Rubio I.
Curr Trends Clin Embryol, 2 (5): 167-176, 2015.
- Clinical validation of embryo culture and selection by morphokinetic analysis: a randomized, controlled trial of the EmbryoScope.
Rubio I, Galan A, Larreategui Z, Ayerdi F, Bellver J, Herrero J, Meseguer M.
Fertil Steril, 102(5):1287-1294, 2014.
- Intrauterine Insemination.
Dominguez Y, Rubio I, Herrero J.
Chapter 12: Design, Equipment and Personnel Management for Intrauterine Insemination Laboratory.” Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2014.
- Limited implantation success of direct-cleaved human zygotes: a time-lapse study.
Rubio I, Kuhlmann R, Agerholm I, Kirk J, Herrero J, Escribá MJ, Bellver J, Meseguer M.
Fertil Steril, 98(6):1458-63, 2012.
- Embryo incubation and selection in a time-lapse monitoring system improves pregnancy outcome compared with a standard incubator: a retrospective cohort study.
Meseguer M, Rubio I, Cruz M, Basile N, Marcos J, Requena A.
Fertil Steril, 98(6):1481-9, 2012.
- A review of recent trials selecting viable embryos for transfer: comprehensive time-lapse imaging analysis.
Rubio I, Herrero J, Meseguer M.
Eur J Obstet Gynaecol, 7(2):66-70, 2012.