Juno Genetics US
Vice President of Medical Affairs Feb 2023-present
- Provide medical affairs leadership and clinical expertise for diagnostic laboratory specializing
in preimplantation (embryo) genetic testing.
ORM Fertility/Pinnacle Fertility, Portland, OR
Director of Genetic Services, Genetic Counselor April 2012-June 2022
- Oversaw all aspects of clinical reproductive genetic services in complex fertility clinic with third party and international focus: genetic counseling, preimplantation genetic testing, carrier screening, genetic diagnostic and proactive testing, and genetic screening of gamete/embryo donors
- Managed all external genetics laboratory RFPs, partnerships, and contracts. Led PGT laboratory selection project for Pinnacle Fertility network: assisted with mapping and analysis of all PGT platforms and service providers, presented recommendations to medical directors & leadership
- Managed all-remote clinical genomics team (4.0 FTE genetic counselors + assistants); led recruitment & training; monitored department analytics, service delivery models and growth initiatives; provided clinical supervision and supported best practices
- Led development, consensus and implementation of all genetics protocols, policies, education, and outreach for ORM staff (~150 staff, 4+ locations), local/international patients & partners
- Served on ORM primary leadership team; contributed to strategic planning and continuous improvement of company and department initiatives and goals
- Provided scientific and clinical guidance to physicians, leadership team, and company owners on novel genetic technologies and developments
- Served as study coordinator for randomized control trial on embryo transfer method after PGT-A (study selected as SART Prize Paper)
- Collaborated w/ marketing/sales & patient acquisition teams to promote genetic services
- Frequent speaking and writing on PGT and fertility genetics to professional & pt audiences
Legacy Center for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Emanuel Hospital, Portland, OR Lead Genetic Counselor May 2004 – Oct 2012
Managed perinatal genetic counseling and testing program and provided clinical genetic counseling in tertiary care perinatology clinic. Developed and supervised noninvasive and firsttrimester prenatal screening programs. Collaborated closely with depts throughout health system (NICU, Ob/Gyn, peds cardiology, peds genetics), performed network and community outreach.
Division of Cardiology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR Research Associate/Genetic Counselor 1998-2002; 2003-2004
Coordinated genetics arm of large, NIH-funded heart failure clinical trial. Supervised clinical research group and oversaw all aspects of family/genetic data acquisition and management in the Familial Dilated Cardiomyopathy Research Program: recruitment, consent, clinical screening, genetic counseling, pedigree analysis, and results provision. Presented research finndings at local and national symposiums. Procured cardiac tissue from study participants at time of heart transplant.
Meriter Hospital/Univ. of Wisconsin Perinatology & St. Mary’s Hospital Perinatal, Madison, WI
Prenatal Genetic Counselor 2001-2003
Department of Human Genetics, Medical College of Virginia of VCU, Richmond, VA
Prenatal, Pediatric + Adult Genetic Counselor 1998
Virginia Institute for Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics, Richmond, VA Research Assistant, African American Adolescent Twin Study 1996-1998