IVIRMA at the ASRM
Every year, researchers from IVIRMA share they latest and more exciting research at national and international reproductive medicine scientific conferences throughout the world. IVIRMA is both proud and honored to regularly be amongst the top contributors at the annual meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
2022 | ASRM Meeting – Anaheim, California
- Hyperspectral imaging of single spermatozoa as a promising non-destructive objective tool for sperm selection prior to ICSI - determination of reproducibility, sensitivity and specificity
- Application of Artificial Intelligence on vitrified/warmed embryos: prediction of live birth from post-warmed blastocyst dynamics
- Human blastocysts uptake extracellular vesicles secreted by primary endometrial epithelial cells containing miRNAs related to implantation and early embryo development
Endometriosis SIG Prize Paper - Best in Basic Science": HUMAN BLASTOCYSTS UPTAKE EXTRACELLULAR VESICLES SECRETED BY PRIMARY ENDOMETRIAL EPITHELIAL CELLS CONTAINING MIRNAS RELATED TO IMPLANTATION AND EARLY EMBRYO DEVELOPMENT" Marina Segura-Benítez, MSc, Alba Bas-Rivas, MSc, Elena Juárez-Barber, MS, Maria Cristina Carbajo-Garcia, MSc, Amparo Faus, B.Sc., Antonio Pellicer, M.D.,Hortensia Ferrero, PhD
2021 | ASRM Meeting – Baltimore
- OBSTETRIC AND PERINATAL OUTCOMES OF NATURAL CYCLE VS. ARTIFICIAL CYCLE FROZEN EMBRYO TRANSFERS.
- EMBRYOLOGISTS ARE MORE LIKELY TO CHOOSE EUPLOID EMBRYOS FOR TRANSFER: A PROSPECTIVE BLINDED NON-SELECTION TRIAL.
- THE CONCORDANCE RATES OF AN INITIAL TROPHECTODERM BIOPSY WITH THE REST OF THE EMBRYO USING PGTSEQ, A TARGETED NEXT-GENERATION SEQUENCING PLATFORM.
- FIRST TRIMESTER OUTCOMES OF PATIENTS SEEKING INFERTILITY CARE AFTER COVID-19 INFECTION.
- ASRM Star Awards -Díaz-Gimeno P / Franasiak J.
2020 | ASRM Meeting – Virtual
- Embryo vitrification in super cooled slush nitrogen results in superior post-thaw survival compared to conventional liquid nitrogen: a blinded, randomized controlled trial.
- Noninvasive preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy exhibits high rates of DNA amplification failure and lacks consistency with PGT-A using trophectoderm biopsy.
- Confirmation rate of whole chromosome calls on a targeted next-generation sequencing platform are highly consistent with initial trophectoderm biopsy.
- ASRM Star Awards - Juan A. García-Velasco, MD, PhD, Marcos Meseguer, PhD, Nicolas Garrido, PhD, James Hotaling, MD, Antonio Pellicer, MD, PhD, Richard Scott, MD, Emre Seli, MD, Xin Tao, PhD, Dagan Wells, PhD
Safety of Embryonic Biopsy for PGT-A and IVF - PROV-ET Trial
ASRM 2020 Prize Paper Award Finalist
2019 | ASRM Meeting – Philadelphia
- Developmental potential of aneuploid human embryos beyond implantation.
- Does preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy (PGT-A) harm embryos? No - a multi-center, prospective, blinded, non-selection study evaluating the predictive value of an aneuploid diagnosis and impact of biopsy.
- The rate of recurrent implantation failure (RIF) is low: results of three successive frozen euploid single embryo transfers (SET).
- The impact of IVF on neonatal birthweight from 2000 to 2017: a dramatic reduction of low birthweight infants.
- ASRM 2019 Prize Paper - Emre Seli, MD
- SART (Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology) Prize Paper - Andres Reig, MD
- Reproductive Immunology Special Interest Group Prize Paper - Diego Marin, PhD
- ASRM 2019 Corporate Member Council In-training Travel Grant Awards - Shelby Neal, MD, Ashley Tiegs, MD, Andres Reig, MD, and Man Zhang, MD, PhD
- ASRM Star Awards - Juan A. García-Velasco, MD, PhD, Marcos Meseguer, PhD, Thomas Molinaro, MD, Antonio Pellicer, MD, PhD, Richard Scott, MD, Emre Seli, MD, Xin Tao, PhD, Dagan Wells, PhD
2018 | ASRM Meeting – Denver
- T-shaped uterine cavity morphology as assessed by three-dimensional ultrasound (3d us) is associated with lower sustained implantation rates and higher clinical loss rates following frozen embryo.
- Obesity affects endometrial receptivity by inducing a displacement of the personalized WOI that after correction by personalized embryo transfer normalize clinical results.
2017 | ASRM Meeting –
- Cares trial (celiac disease and reproductive effects): celiac disease is not more common in patients undergoing IVF and outcomes are not compromised in affected patients.
- ABC trial: appraisal of body content how percent body fat (%BF) compares to body mass index (BMI) in evaluating infertile couples.
- The LO2 trial phase I: a paired randomized controlled trial (RCT) comparing blastulation rate in ultra-low (2%) vs low (5%) oxygen in extended culture (EC).
- Clinical validation of a home test kit for semen quality analysis; comparison with gold standard i.e. conventional sperm counting.
- Reproductive Immunology Special Interest Group Prize Paper - Caroline Juneau, MD
- Society for Male Reproduction and Urology Traveling Scholars Program - Scott Morin, MD
- SRBT Clinical Science Award - Scott Morin, MD
- ASRM Corporate Member Council In-Training Travel Award - Diego Marin, MSc