Javier Herrero, M.Sc., has been working as a Clinical Embryologist since 2009, and as an IVF consultant and specialist at Medical Affairs department at IVI RMA Global since 2015. In addition, he has been co-Director of the IVF Department in Nova IVI Fertility, India, since 2013, with an expansion from 6 to 19 clinics in 4 years. He received his Biological Sciences Degree in 2007 from the Complutense University of Madrid, in Spain. In 2008, he obtained his Master’s degree in Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction from the University of Valencia and the Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad (IVI), Spain, where subsequently he developed his professional career as embryologist.
The primary areas of his research are the application of new technologies to embryo selection and culture. Mr. Herrero has coordinated also fellowship courses from the Teaching Area of the IVI group and is a Fculty for the Master’s Program in Biotechnology of the Human Reproduction, at the University of Valencia.
- Basic procedures in an ART laboratory.
Rubio I, Herrero J, Banker M.
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, in press
- Patel DV, Shah PB, Kotdawala AP, Herrero J, Rubio I, Banker MR. Morphokinetic behavior of euploid and aneuploidy embryos analyzed by time-lapse in embryoscope J Hum Reprod, 9:112-8, 2016.
- Aneuploidy screening by array comparative genomic hybridization improves success rates of in vitro fertilization: A multicenter Indian study.
Kotdawala A, Patel D, Herrero J, Khajuria R, Mahajan N, Banker M.
J Hum Reprod Sci, 9(4):223-229, 2016.
- Role of oocyte vitrification for fertility preservation programs.
Herrero J, Rubio I.
Curr Trends Clin Embryol, 2 (5): 167-176, 2015.
- Clinical validation of embryo culture and selection by morphokinetic analysis: a randomized, controlled trial of the EmbryoScope.
Rubio I, Galan A, Larreategui Z, Ayerdi F, Bellver J, Herrero J, Meseguer M.
Fertil Steril, 102(5):1287-1294,2014.
- Intrauterine Insemination. Chapter 12: Design, Equipment and Personnel Management for Intrauterine Insemination Laboratory.
Dominguez Y, Rubio I, Herrero J.
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers. 2014.
- A time to look back: analysis of morphokinetic characteristics of human embryo development.
Herrero J, Tejera A, Albert C, Vidal C, de Los Santos MJ, Meseguer M.
Fertil Steril 100(6):1602-9, 2013.
- Selection of high potential embryos using time-lapse imaging: the era of morphokinetics.
Herrero J, Meseguer M.
Fertil Steril 99(4):1030-4, 2013.
- Limited implantation success of direct-cleaved human zygotes: a time-lapse study.
Rubio I, Kuhlmann R, Agerholm I, Kirk J, Herrero J, Escribá MJ, Bellver J, Meseguer M.
Fertil Steril, 98(6):1458-63, 2012.
- A review of recent trials selecting viable embryos for transfer: comprehensive time-lapse imaging analysis.
Rubio I, Herrero J, Meseguer M.
European Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 2012;7(2):66-70, 2012.
- Timing of cell divisions in human cleavage stage embryos correlate with blastocyst formation and quality.
Cruz M, Garrido N, Herrero J, Pérez-Cano I, Muñoz M, Meseguer M.
Reprod Biomed Online, 25(4):371-81, 2012.
- Time-dependent O2 consumption patterns determined optimal time ranges for selecting viable human embryos.
Tejera A, Herrero J, Viloria T, Romero JL, Gamiz P, Meseguer M.
Fertil Steril, 98(4):849-57, 2012.
- The use of morphokinetics as a predictor of embryo implantation.
Meseguer M, Herrero J, Tejera A, Hilligsøe KM, Ramsing NB, Remohí J.
Hum Reprod, 26(10):2658-71, 2011.
- Oxygen consumption is a quality marker for human oocyte competence conditioned by ovarian stimulation regimens.
Tejera A, Herrero J, de Los Santos MJ, Garrido N, Ramsing N, Meseguer M.
Fertil Steril, 96(3):618-623, 2011.
- Pregnancy rates alter incubation in new time-lapse incubator (embryoscope) providing detailed information about embryo development compared to incubation in a standard incubator.
Meseguer M, Hilligsøe KM, Pedersen KS, Herrero J, Tejera A, Garrido N.
Fertil Steril, 94(4):150, 2010.