Manuel Muñoz Cantero, MD, PhD is the Director of IVI Alicante. He is also Professor of the Master’s Degree Program in Human Reproduction at Rey Juan Carlos University, Madrid, Spain, and Master’s Degree Program in Human Reproduction at European University, Madrid, Spain
He graduated from University Medical School, Alicante, in 1992 and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Virgen de la Arrixaca Hospital, Murcia, in 1997. He completed his training in Human Reproduction at IVI Valencia and IVI Murcia. He obtained his Ph.D. “cum laude” in 2012 at University of Valencia. He served as the Director of IVI Almeria from 1999 to 2005, prior to becoming Director of IVI Alicante.
His main research interests have always been focused on ART, Egg Donation and Ovarian Stimulation Protocols for IVF. He is the Principal Investigator of projects funded by the Spanish Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health. He has published over 17 peer-reviewed articles as well as 29 book chapters on Human Reproduction. Dr Muñoz has been invited to speak nationally and internationally and has authored and contributed to over 100 abstracts.
Dr Muñoz is Member of the Editorial Committee of scientific journal Cuadernos de Medicina Reproductiva [Notebooks Reproductive Medicine] since 1995. He was Member of the Organizing Committee of the VIIIth Annual Meeting of the Spanish Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (SEGO) in 1997. He is a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) since 2000, and member of the Spanish Fertility Society (SEF) since 1998, where he is a member of the Special Interest Groups for Endocrinology, Embryonic Health, Ethics and Good Practice since 2014 and the Coordinator of Special Interest Group on Reproductive Failure (SEF).
Dr Muñoz has been a lecturer in several postgraduate courses since 2002. At present, he teaches at the Master’s Program in Human Reproduction at Rey Juan Carlos University, European University of Madrid, and Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad and he is Coordinator of Fellow Consultants in Gynecology and Obstetrics for 3rd and 4th year at different hospitals in the province of Alicante.
- Hernández-Vargas P Gadea B Lozoya V Legidos V Muñoz M The effect of endometriosis in the chromosomal status and developmental competence of cleavage-stage embryos. Differences with embryos in the blastocyst stage. Presented at the 36th annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Copenhagen,Denmark, July 5-8, 2020
- Nunez - Calonge R Muñoz M Abellan F Cuevas I Feito L de la Fuente A Martínez L Mataro D Roca M O-213 Ethical justifications of Spanish Fertility Society to preserve anonymity of gamete donation. Presented at the 36th annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Copenhagen,Denmark, July 5-8, 2020
- Legidos V Hernandez-Vargas P Gadea B Lozoya V Muñoz M P-521 DOES ENDOMETRIOSIS IMPACT ON THE EMBRYONIC ANEUPLODY RISK?. Presented at the 35th annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Vienna, Austria, 14-16 October 2019
- Alegre L Del Gallego R Bori L Muñoz M Pellicer A Meseguer M P-415 A MASSIVE EMBRYO MORPHOKINETICS COMPARISON SYSTEM IS ABLE TO SELECT EMBRYOS WITH HIGH IMPLANTATION POTENTIAL ENHANCING SINGLE EMBRYO TRANSFER POLICY. Presented at the 35th annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Paris, France, 14-16 October 2019
- Vidal C Giles J Castillón G Martinez-Salazar J Fernandez L Ayllon Y Muñoz M Bellver J Tocino A Muñoz E Pellicer A Garrido N P-143 Intentional endometrial injury do not improve clinical outcomes in an oocyte donation program in patients without RIF. Interim analysis of a randomized controlled trial.. Presented at the 35th annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Paris, France, 14-16 October 2019
- Selles E Hernandez-Vargas P Garrido N Vilella F Perez-Cano I Muñoz M Looking for molecular biomarkers of cryodamage in donors semen. Presented at the 73rd annual meeting of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, San Antonio, Texas, October 6-10, 2018
- Alegre L Garrido N Munoz M De los Santos M Remohí J Meseguer M Sperm selection with hyaluronic acid (PICSI) improves LBR in IVF treatments. Presented at the 33rd annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Geneva,Switerland, October 28-November 1,2017
- Martinez Morales M Meseguer M Perez-Cano I Leon G Gadea B Roldan M Hernandez-Vargas P Galindo N Legidos V Munoz M Does the seminal cryopreservation influence in embryonic kinetics and clinical results?. , , October 28-November 1,2017