Dr. Dominguez is a full-time head investigator at FIVI-INCLIVA through a type I Miguel Servet contract and laboratory manager for the IVI Foundation Research department. He completed his Bachelor’s degree in Biology at the University of Valencia in 1998, and obtained his doctorate degree “cum laude” in 2003 in the Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department of the University of Valencia School of Medicine. He did his post-doctoral training at the CNIC (Spanish National Center for Cardiovascular Research) and at the Hospital de la Princesa in Madrid, as well as at the Principe Felipe Research Center in Valencia.
As a researcher, his main focus is the study of the endometrium and the human embryo implantation process, both at transcriptomic and at proteomic levels, without dismissing the embryonic aspect, developing new non-invasive aneuploidy diagnostic systems.
As a researcher, Dr Domínguez has published over 45 original “peer review” articles in leading reproductive journals (Hum Reprod, Fertil & Steril, PLos One, JCEM, etc.) and wrote than 15 book chapters on the human embryo implantation and endometrial receptivity.
He has also participated as researcher in competitive projects both as emerging researcher (Generalitat Valenciana), and as lead researcher (FIS Projects, Miguel Servet contracts), besides acting as regular editor in numerous specialized journals in the field of reproductive medicine. He is presently Associated Editor at Human Reproduction, the first Reproductive Medicine journal and the most influential in its field.
Dr. Domínguez has been involved in teaching since his early career, imparting postgraduate courses since 2003. Presently he is the Coordinator of the Basic Research in Human Reproduction Module from the Master’s Degree in Biotechnology of Assisted Human Reproduction (former doctorate degree of the Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department of University of Valencia School of Medicine) given by ADEIT since 2001.
Dr. Domínguez has also worked as Scientific Director at Embryomics, an organization dedicated to the development of non-invasive aneuploidy diagnostic systems, from 2009 until June 2011 and he has received several awards for his research projects, including the ICIRA Award in 2009, the Spanish Fertility Society Award (2000) and the Salud 2000 Foundation Award (2004).
Honores y reconocimientos
|Merck-Serono Award, Salud 2000 Foundation. Clinical investigation Area||2015|
|Merck Serono Award, Salud 200 Foundation. Clinical investigation Area||2004|
|ICIRA Award, to the best IVF innovation Project||2009|
|Spanish Fertility Society Award||2000|
|Associate Editor Human Reproduction||2013|
An artificial intelligence model based on the proteomic profile of euploid embryos and time-lapse images: a preliminary study
Bori L Dominguez F Fernandez E I DelGallego R Alegra L Hickmane C Quiñonero A Nogueirad M F G Rochard J C Meseguera M
Reproductive BioMedicine OnlineIn press, journal pre-proofAvailable online 8 October 2020
Cytokines in embryonic secretome as potential markers for embryo selection.
Bahrami-Asl Z Hajipour H Rastgar Rezaei Y Novinbahador T Latifi Z Nejabati HR Farzadi L Fattahi A Nouri M Dominguez F
Am J Reprod Immunol. 2020 Dec 9:e13385. doi: 10.1111/aji.13385. Online ahead of print.
Tacrolimus Improves the Implantation Rate in Patients with Elevated Th1/2 Helper Cell Ratio and Repeated Implantation Failure (RIF).
Bahrami-Asl Z Farzadi L Fattahi A Yousefi M Quinonero A Hakimi P Latifi Z Nejabati HR Ghasemnejad T Sadigh AR Heidari MH Nouri M MG N Dominguez F
Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd. 2020 Aug;80(8):851-862. doi: 10.1055/a-1056-3148. Epub 2020 Aug 14.
Copper and lead exposures disturb reproductive features of primary endometrial stromal and epithelial cells.
Pérez-Debén S Gonzalez-Martin R Palomar A Quiñonero A Salsano S Dominguez F
Reprod Toxicol. 2020 Jan 28;93:106-117. doi: 10.1016/j.reprotox.2020.01.008. [Epub ahead of print]
Preeclampsia: a defect in decidualization is associated with deficiency of Annexin A2.
Garrido-Gomez T Quiñonero A Dominguez F Rubert L Perales A Hajjar KA Simon C
Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Nov 15. pii: S0002-9378(19)32624-9. doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2019.11.1250. [Epub ahead of print]
Deregulation of miR-324/Kiss1/kisspeptin in early ectopic pregnancy: Mechanistic findings with clinical and diagnostic implications.
Romero-Ruiz A Avendaño MS Dominguez F Lozoya T Molina-Abril H Sangiao-Alvarellos S Gurrea M Lara-Chica M Fernandez-Sanchez M Torres E Perdices-Lopez C Abbara A Steffani L Calzado MA Dhillo WS Pellicer A Tena-Sempere M
Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Jan 29. pii: S0002-9378(19)30282-0. doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2019.01.228. [Epub ahead of print
Follicular fluid and mural granulosa cells microRNA profiles vary in in vitro fertilization patients depending on their age and oocyte maturation stage
Moreno JM Núnez MJ Quiñonero A Martínez S De la Orden M Simón C Pellicer A Diaz-Garcia C Dominguez F
- Palomar A Gonzalez-Martin R Salsano S Pérez-Debén S Quiñonero A Domínguez F O-105 Entosis Occurs in Human Embryo Implantation.. Presented at the 67th Annual Meeting of the Society for Reproductive Investigation, Vancouver ,Canada, March 10-14, 2020
- Gonzalez-Martin R Palomar A Pérez-Debén S Quiñonero A Dominguez F F-209 Mercury Disturbs Reproductive Functions of Primary Endometrial Stromal Cells (ESC).. Presented at the 67th Annual Meeting of the Society for Reproductive Investigation, Vancouver ,Canada, March 10-14, 2020
- Pellicer N Buigues A Dominguez F Susana Martinez-cuenca Pellicer A Herraiz S P-787 Autologous stem cell ovarian transplantation (ASCOT) revitalized the aged blood-borne secretome in Poor responder (PR) women. Presented at the 35th annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Vienna, Austria, 14-16 October 2019
- Marin L Campos-Galindo I Dominguez F De los Santos MJ Mercader A Simon C Rubio C P-574 Effect of genistein and daidzein levels on ovarian response and embryo quality in PGT-A cycles. Presented at the 35th annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Paris, France, 14-16 October 2019
- Meseguer M Bori L Del Gallego R Remohí J Quinonero A Dominguez F P-134: Protein profile of euploid single embryo transfer reveals differential patterns among them.. Presented at the 74th Scientific Congress & Expo of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Denver, CO, USA, 23-26 June 2019
- Ferrero H Corachán A Quiñonero A Bougeret C Pellicer A Dominguez F . P-315: Inhibition of KIF20A reduces endometriosis implants in a randomized xenograft mouse model. Presented at the 74th Scientific Congress & Expo of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Denver, CO, USA, 23-26 June 2019
- Ferrero H Corachán A Quiñonero A Carbajo-García C Alamá P Tejera A Taboas E Muñoz E Pellicer A Domínguez F NGS of Oocytes from Endometriosis Patients Reveals a Differential Transcriptomic Pattern. Presented at the 34rd annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Barcelona, Spain, March 12-16, 2019
- Gonzalez-Martin R Quiñonero A Pérez S Salsano S Domínguez F Acute DEHP Exposure in Endometrial Epithelial Cells Does Not Phenocopy the Alterations Described in Endometriosis.. Presented at the 34rd annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Barcelona, Spain, March 12-16, 2019
- Gonzalez-Martin R Telez-Plaza M Domínguez F Association of Blood Cadmium and Lead Levels with Reproductive Lifespan Among Postmenopausal Women: NHANES 2005-2014. . Presented at the 34rd annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Barcelona, Spain, March 12-16, 2019
- Gonzalez-Martin R Quiñonero A Pérez-Debent S Salsano S Domínguez F Endometrial Stromal Cells Acutely Exposed to DEHP Do Not Recapitulate Alterations Observed in Endometriosis_. Presented at the 34rd annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Barcelona, Spain, March 12-16, 2019
- Pérez-Debén S González-Martín R Quiñonero A Salsano S Domínguez F Copper and Lead, Two Inorganic Metalloestrogens, Disturb Reproductive Features of Primary Endometrial Stromal 2019
- Salsano S Quiñonero A Yañez-Mo Gómez A Pérez S Dominguez F Novel Non-Classic Progesterone P4 Receptor PGRMC1 Interactions and Functionality Reveal a Key Role 2019
- Rivera R Sota N Meseguer M Dominguez F Remohí J Garrido N Differential sperm proteomic profile between sperm samples achieving pregnancy or not in intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) cycles in oocyte donation program 2018
- Salsano S Quiñonero A Pérez S González-Ravina C Simón C Dominguez F Non-classical progesterone signaling may be sufficient to induce decidualization in Human Endometrial Stromal Cells (ESC) 2018
- Rivera Egea R Sota N Meseguer M Dominguez F Remohí J Garrido N Differential sperm proteomic profile between sperm samples achieving pregnancy or not in intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) cycles in oocyte donation program 2018
- Perez S Salsano S Quiñonero A Dominguez F Phytoestrogens (Soy-Derived Metabolites) May Act Like Endometrial Disruptors Altering Decidualization of Human Endometrial Stromal Cells 2018
- Rivera Egea R Sota N Meseguer M Dominguez F Remohí J Garrido N Differential sperm proteomic profile between sperm samples achieving pregnancy or not in intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) cycles in oocyte donation program 2017
- Garrido-Gómez T Dominguez F Quiñonero A Díaz-Gimeno P Kapidzic M Gormley M Ona K Pablo Padilla Genbacev O Perales A Fisher S Simón C Severe preeclampsia is associated with resistance to decidualization 2017
- Salsano S Quiñonero A Pérez S Simón C Domínguez F Non Classical Progesterone Receptor and SERPINE1mRNA (PGRMC1) Binding Protein (SERBP1) Interaction Influences the Human Decidualization Process 2017