The IVI Foundation PhilosophyToday, advances in any area of medicine and especially in Reproductive Medicine, require basic research to know the cause of the disease, or in this case the causes of reproductive failure to sustain the development of new diagnostic or therapeutic techniques. Thereby allowing their development and evolution for the benefit of our patients, as well as creating general awareness within society to make this information available to people who may be beneficiaries of these treatments. The IVI Foundation was established in 1997 based on this philosophy and since then it has expanded its field of work to develop three fundamental pillars that provide the backbone of the Foundation today:
1. Research:The objective is to initiate, promote and coordinate fields of research that allow progress in the knowledge of human reproduction, improving the results of assisted reproduction treatments and reducing their adverse effects with the ultimate goal of combating infertility and improving results for those affected by infertility. The IVI Foundation provides a platform for promotion, meeting, analysis and interdisciplinary debate for the medical and scientific communities in the field of reproductive medicine.
2. Dissemination of KnowledgeThe sharing of knowledge about human reproduction is another pillar of the IVI Foundation and fundamental to creating a dynamic culture among professionals and patients. The IVI Foundation shares its knowledge via publications, courses and conferences related to all aspects of research, teaching and training in the field of reproductive medicine, genetics, gynaecology and paediatrics, both in Spain as well as other countries.
3. Social Activity:Finally, another of one of its our activities is to cooperate and support volunteering initiatives to help groups and organisations with limited economic resources, offering support to people with difficulties via medical assistance and collaborating in their development and social welfare. The IVI Foundation, chaired by Professors Antonio Pellicer and José Remohí and directed by Dr. Nicolás Garrido, is the first in Spain with the principal vocation of Basic and Applied Research, Teaching and Corporate Social Responsibility in the field of Human Reproduction. It comprises of a team of doctors, biologists, chemists, pharmacologists and biochemists. Plus specialists in biomedicine in the area of reproductive medicine and the disciplines that support it, working on research projects of great scientific and clinical impact in the field of human reproduction. The IVI Foundation was founded in 1997 as a non-profit, independent organisation with the aim of providing a scientific, educational and social service. In addition, the IVI Foundation supports clinical or transnational projects carried out in the different IVIRMA centres / clinics in 27 assisted reproduction clinics in Spain with more than 70 centres in 13 different countries in Europe, America and Asia. Together they perform more than 45,000 assisted reproductive treatments per year by a total of 600 personnel all with teaching and research experience, the largest Assisted Reproduction group in the world whose principal activities are focused on:
- Diagnosis, Risk Factors and Reproductive Pathologies
- Ovarian stimulation
- Recovery, Analysis and Selection of Gametes
- Fertilisation Techniques: IVF, ICSI, IUI
- Development and Embryonic Quality
- Embryonic selection
- Embryonic implantation
- Embryo transfer
Quality IVI Foundation
- Location: Valencia , Spain
- Address: Fundación IVI, Hospital Universitario y Politécnico La Fe, Avenida Fernando Abril Martorell, 106 - Biopolo, Torre A, Planta 1ª 46026 Valencia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +34 963903305
Investigators in this center
- Nicolás Garrido M.Sc., Ph.D., Director of IVI Foundation, Director of Research Administration at IVI RMA Global
- Irene Cervello, Ph.D., Co-Director Research at IVI Foundation
- Francisco Dominguez, Ph.D., Co-Director Research at IVI Foundation
- Patricia Diaz Gimeno, Ph.D.
- Sonia Herraiz, Ph.D.,
- Hortensia Ferrero, Ph.D.
- Alicia Quiñonero, Laboratory technician
- Amparo Faus, Laboratory technician
- Marcos Alepuz M.Sc., R&D Manager of IVI Foundation